The market for family medicine talent has always been competitive. Several factors have combined to make what was already a tight market even more challenging. These include:
- Graduation vs Retirement Imbalances: For many years, there has been a long-term trend of fewer family medicine physicians coming into practice than those retiring. This has continued to compound and is further evidenced in today’s employment market.
- Covid-19 Disruptions: The pandemic made the entry of new physicians into the market irregular. Despite the best efforts of medical schools, proctored clinical work was largely put on hold at the beginning of the pandemic.
- Licensing Barriers: Processes necessary for licensing were delayed in many areas at the onset of COVID-19 as well, leading to a backlog of family medicine physicians trying to acquire licensure.
- Growing Number of Corporate Practices: The continued emergence of regional and national women’s health providers has intensified competition among practices for early-career family medicine professionals.
- Retirement Goals: The burgeoning investment market and record-high stock market have accelerated some late-career physicians’ retirement horizons.
If your practice is struggling to keep up with your patient count, there’s never been a better time to contact us. We have conversations with qualified candidates every day. Many of these family medicine doctors are not looking for jobs – they would never look at job boards – but they are looking for the right fit. We will work with you to spotlight your opportunity and give you the best chance of landing the perfect candidate. Along the way, we will save you the time, effort, and expense of advertising your position and screening candidates who might not be a good fit. We may already know your perfect candidate!
The One That Got Away
Jun 23, 2022
You thought your staffing issue was solved. You felt you had the right fit, you were confident the job offer was solid, you made the offer, and yet, somehow, they took another